- 1 Where can I get cheap train tickets to Edinburgh?
- 2 How do I get cheap train tickets in Scotland?
- 3 Where can you get a train to from Edinburgh?
- 4 How much is a train ticket to London from Edinburgh?
- 5 What is the cheapest way to get train tickets from London to Edinburgh?
- 6 How can I get cheaper train tickets?
- 7 What is the cheapest way to get to Scotland?
- 8 How much is a train ticket from Glasgow to Edinburgh?
- 9 Do I need a passport to go to Scotland?
- 10 Is it cheaper to fly or train from London to Edinburgh?
- 11 Can I use my bus pass on the train in Scotland?
- 12 How much does it cost to go to Edinburgh?
- 13 How much is a train ticket from Scotland to London?
- 14 Is the train from London to Edinburgh scenic?
- 15 How many days do you need in Edinburgh?
Where can I get cheap train tickets to Edinburgh?
Hints and tips for finding cheap train tickets.
- Book in early – Advance tickets are the cheapest train tickets.
- Be flexible – Avoid the busy peak travel times 0630 – 0930 and 1530 – 1830.
- Get Single – 2 singles can be better value than 1 return journey.
How do I get cheap train tickets in Scotland?
How to get cheap ScotRail tickets
- Book in advance. Train tickets in the UK usually go on sale 3 months before the date of travel.
- Travel Off-Peak. When travelling by train in the UK, you can benefit from reduced fares by choosing times of day that are less busy.
- Price Prediction.
- Season Tickets.
- Consider a Railcard.
Where can you get a train to from Edinburgh?
Trains from Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Park to Duirinish.
- Edinburgh Park to Portlethen.
- Edinburgh (Waverley) to Dumfries.
- Edinburgh Park to Whifflet.
- Edinburgh Park to Drumchapel.
How much is a train ticket to London from Edinburgh?
Edinburgh (Waverley) to London by train
|Journey time||From 4h 0m|
|Distance||332 miles (534 km)|
|Frequency||47 trains per day|
What is the cheapest way to get train tickets from London to Edinburgh?
Tip 1: Find cheaper fares by buying your ticket in advance Book in advance to get the cheapest train tickets to Edinburgh. Try not to wait until the day of departure to book, advance tickets are available up to 12 weeks in advance by Train Operating Companies.
How can I get cheaper train tickets?
How to get cheap train tickets
- Get a Railcard or 16-17 Saver. With a Railcard you can get 1/3 off the price of most train fares.
- Book advanced fares.
- Buy a Season Ticket.
- Use a fare finder.
- Avoid booking fees.
- Smart ticketing.
What is the cheapest way to get to Scotland?
Perhaps the cheapest method of travel to cover a long distance is by bus or coach. As with the trains, booking ahead on a bus is definitely the best option. Travel between the bigger cities is often very cheap this way, especially by the Megabus.
How much is a train ticket from Glasgow to Edinburgh?
Trains from Glasgow Queen Street to Edinburgh (Waverley) start at £6.60 one-way based on a return fare. Plan your journey online to see the cheapest train tickets to Edinburgh (Waverley) for your chosen travel times.
Do I need a passport to go to Scotland?
You must have a valid passport before you visit Scotland and the UK. You may also need a visa. You can check if you need a UK visa on the UK government’s Home Office Visas and Immigration website.
Is it cheaper to fly or train from London to Edinburgh?
London to Edinburgh Travel Comparison
|Average Price||Travel Time|
Can I use my bus pass on the train in Scotland?
The card gives holders free bus travel in Scotland and, through the Strathclyde Concessionary Travel Scheme, reduced fares on trains and Subway in the Strathclyde area. For more information on the National Entitlement Card visit the NEC website and the Transport Scotland website.
How much does it cost to go to Edinburgh?
You should plan to spend around £115 ($163) per day on your vacation in Edinburgh, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, £31 ($44) on meals for one day and £13 ($19) on local transportation.
How much is a train ticket from Scotland to London?
Train tickets from Glasgow to London start at £27‡ one way for a Standard Class ticket if you book in advance.
Is the train from London to Edinburgh scenic?
there is basically only one route from London King’s Cross to Edinburgh, and yes it is scenic, the further north you go the better it gets but from Newcastle onwards it is worth the trip.
How many days do you need in Edinburgh?
How Many Days Should you Spend in Edinburgh? For first time visitors, we recommend spending at least two or three days in Edinburgh, which will give you enough time to explore the city centre and see the main sites.