- 1 What is the best area to stay in Inverness?
- 2 Is it worth staying in Inverness?
- 3 Where can you stay in Inverness?
- 4 Where should I stay in Scottish Highlands?
- 5 Is Inverness dangerous?
- 6 How far is Loch Ness from Inverness?
- 7 Can you take a train from Edinburgh to Inverness?
- 8 Is Inverness near Fort William?
- 9 Where in Scotland is Aviemore?
- 10 Can I travel to Scotland coronavirus?
- 11 Where can I dine in Inverness?
- 12 Can you hire a boat on Loch Ness?
- 13 Are the Scottish Highlands dangerous?
- 14 What is the best castle to stay in Scotland?
- 15 Where exactly are the Scottish Highlands?
What is the best area to stay in Inverness?
- Where To Stay In Inverness.
- Inverness Neighbourhood Guide.
- 5 Best Neighbourhoods In Inverness.
- #1 Dalneigh – Where to stay in Inverness your first time.
- #2 Raigmore – Where to stay in Inverness on a budget.
- #3 Inverness City Centre – Best area to stay in Inverness for nightlife.
- #4 Foyers – Coolest place to stay in Inverness.
Is it worth staying in Inverness?
Location. Inverness itself is a wonderful wee city, but one of the things that makes it so special is also its location. Central to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, home to breathtaking landscapes and ancient sites of interest, the city is the ideal place to explore the wider region.
Where can you stay in Inverness?
- Glen Mhor Hotel. Hotel in Inverness City Centre, Inverness.
- Kingsmills Hotel, Inverness. Hotel in Inverness.
- Jurys Inn Inverness. Hotel in Inverness.
- The Royal Highland Hotel.
- Mercure Inverness Hotel.
- pentahotel Inverness.
- The King’s Highway Wetherspoon.
- Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa.
Where should I stay in Scottish Highlands?
11 Best Places to Stay in the Highlands – the perfect base for your Scottish Holiday
- Nairn, Scotland’s Highland Playground.
- Kingussie, the traditional capital of Badenoch.
- Dornoch, the Royal Burgh.
- Wick, the Viking settlement of the North.
- Elgin, the capital of Moray Speyside.
Is Inverness dangerous?
‘ Inverness is a high crime area and is quite dangerous.
How far is Loch Ness from Inverness?
Most visitors to Inverness want to see Loch Ness during their stay. It’s only eight miles from Inverness and there are various ways of getting there.
Can you take a train from Edinburgh to Inverness?
Yes! You can take the train from Edinburgh (Waverley) to Inverness without needing to change. Find direct trains to Inverness with our online journey Planner.
Is Inverness near Fort William?
The Caledonian Canal connects the Scottish east coast at Inverness with the west coast at Corpach near Fort William. Fort William is located on the A82.
Where in Scotland is Aviemore?
3,240 (mid-2016 est.) listen); Scottish Gaelic: An Aghaidh Mhòr pronounced [ən̪ˠ ˈɤː. ɪ ˈvoːɾ]) is a town and tourist resort, situated within the Cairngorms National Park in the Highlands of Scotland.
Travel is allowed within Scotland and overnight stays with family and friends are allowed in line with rules on indoor gatherings. Covid restriction rules including on indoor and outdoor gatherings and tourist accommodation must also be followed. guidance on tourism. guidance on extended households.
Where can I dine in Inverness?
So, if you haven’t sampled the eclectic food scene in Inverness yet, here are some quirky restaurants and eateries to get you started. 13 Quirky Places to Eat in Inverness
- MacGregors Bar.
- Velocity Café
- The Mustard Seed.
- Scotch & Rye.
- The Castle Tavern.
- The White House.
- Oakwood Restaurant at Highland Lassie.
Can you hire a boat on Loch Ness?
Welcome to Caley Cruisers! We operate a large fleet of modern, high quality motor cruisers, all fully equipped and available for weekly or short-break self charter cruises on Loch Ness and the Caledonian Canal.
Are the Scottish Highlands dangerous?
There really isn’t a whole lot of crime in the Highlands at all. Here, staying safe is all about understanding the remote nature of the Highlands and being prepared for its elements. Weather is very fickle in the Scottish Highlands.
What is the best castle to stay in Scotland?
12 Best Castle Hotels in Scotland
- Glengorm Castle, Isle of Mull.
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel, Midlothian.
- Stonefield Castle, Loch Fyne.
- Eisenhower Hotel at Culzean Castle, Ayrshire.
- Aldourie Castle Estate, Inverness.
- Crossbasket Castle, Lanarkshire.
- Barcaldine Castle, Barcaldine.
- Stobo Castle, Peebles. Photo Source: Stobo Castle.
Where exactly are the Scottish Highlands?
In traditional Scottish geography, the Highlands refers to that part of Scotland north-west of the Highland Boundary Fault, which crosses mainland Scotland in a near-straight line from Helensburgh to Stonehaven.