- 1 Is Aviemore worth visiting?
- 2 What is there to do in Aviemore today?
- 3 What activities are open in Aviemore?
- 4 Can I go to Aviemore?
- 5 What shops are in Aviemore?
- 6 Does Aviemore have snow?
- 7 How far is Aviemore from Glasgow?
- 8 Can you ski in Aviemore?
- 9 How do I get to Green Loch Aviemore?
- 10 Whats open in the Cairngorms?
- 11 Where in Scotland is Aviemore?
- 12 Are the Cairngorms open?
- 13 Is Aviemore a good place to live?
- 14 Can you get a train to Aviemore?
- 15 How do you get around in Aviemore?
Is Aviemore worth visiting?
Aviemore is a well known and popular holiday destination with beautiful scenery and an abundance of things to do for all ages. Aviemore is the active outdoor area of the Cairngorms National Park with activities suitable for all ages and abilities.
What is there to do in Aviemore today?
Unmissable Things to Do in And Around Aviemore
- 01 Badenoch the Storylands.
- 02 Loch Morlich Watersports.
- 03 Family activities in the Cairngorms National Park.
- 04 RSPB Loch Garten Osprey Centre.
- 05 Cairngorm Mountain.
- 06 Rothiemurchus.
- 07 Cairngorm Brewery.
- 08 Highland Wildlife & Birdwatch Safari.
What activities are open in Aviemore?
- Cairngorm Mountain. 2,530. Mountains • Ski & Snowboard Areas.
- Loch Morlich. 597. Beaches.
- Speyside Way Long Distance Trail. Hiking Trails.
- Aviemore Circular. Hiking Trails. By PR53.
- Quad Bike Treks. 226.
- Highland Wildlife & Birdwatch Safaris. 189.
- Cairngorm Adventure Guides. 131.
- G2 Outdoor – Day Activities. 285.
Can I go to Aviemore?
Aviemore and Cairngorms Travel Information Aviemore is one of the easiest places to visit in the Cairngorms National Park. You could also arrive by plane in nearby Inverness or with the popular Caledonian Sleeper train overnight from London direct to Aviemore.
What shops are in Aviemore?
You can shop at specialist independent retailers such as Mountain Spirit, Cairngorm Mountain Sports, Active Outdoor Pursuit and Rothiemurchus Gift and Farm Shop or find big brands such as Blacks, Nevisport, Ellis Brigham, Trespass, Mountain Warehouse and Macdonald Spey Valley Shopping.
Does Aviemore have snow?
The latest Cairngorm snow report shown below was updated on 22 Jun 2021. Resort report:
|Piste conditions:||Tell us|
|Off Piste conditions:|
|Next snowfall:||No snow is forecast|
|Next significant snowfall:||No significant snow is forecast|
|Season opens:||18 December 2021|
How far is Aviemore from Glasgow?
Glasgow to Aviemore by train
|Journey time||From 2h 30m|
|Distance||93 miles (150 km)|
|Frequency||10 trains per day|
Can you ski in Aviemore?
Aviemore Snowsports. Aviemore Snowsports are very popular in Scotland and the local businesses cater well for enthusiasts. CairnGorm Mountain near Aviemore is the best known of the ski and snowboard areas in Scotland. It is also the highest and holds the snow well throughout the season.
How do I get to Green Loch Aviemore?
At Aviemore (click for map), take the ski road (from the south it’s a right turn just after you reach Aviemore and from the north, drive through Aviemore and take the road to the left opposite La Taverna). Drive along the road for approx. 7 miles past Loch Morlich on your right.
Whats open in the Cairngorms?
Car parks and trails at Loch Garten are open. The Nature Centre and toilets will be open from 1 May 2021. The track to Forest Lodge and car park at this location remain closed.
Where in Scotland is Aviemore?
3,240 (mid-2016 est.) listen); Scottish Gaelic: An Aghaidh Mhòr pronounced [ən̪ˠ ˈɤː. ɪ ˈvoːɾ]) is a town and tourist resort, situated within the Cairngorms National Park in the Highlands of Scotland.
Are the Cairngorms open?
Cairngorm Mountain Facilities Open Daily 9.30-4.30 Offering year-round activity and unforgettable experiences.
Is Aviemore a good place to live?
Amazing lifestyle, nice clean environment and friendly people. Schools in and around the area are not to bad either, (my boy goes to Aviemore primary), small class sizes compared to Edinburgh and generally well behaved kids. My wife has worked at most of the local schools and nurseries and rates them all.
Can you get a train to Aviemore?
London to Aviemore by train There are normally 2 trains per day travelling from London to Aviemore and tickets for this journey start from £37.50 when you book in advance.
How do you get around in Aviemore?
Cycling is a great way of getting around the Cairngorms National Park, whether using the roads or biking the extensive network of off-road trails. Bring your own bike with you on the train or hire bikes in Blair Atholl, Aviemore, Boat of Garten, Grantown-on-Spey, Glenlivet and Ballater.