- 1 How far is Aberfoyle from Edinburgh?
- 2 Is Aberfoyle in the highlands?
- 3 Where in Scotland is Aberfoyle?
- 4 What region is Aberfoyle in?
- 5 How far is Aberfoyle from Glasgow?
- 6 Why is it called the Trossachs?
- 7 What shops are in Aberfoyle?
- 8 Where in Scotland is killin?
- 9 How far is Aberfoyle from Stirling?
- 10 Where in Scotland is Pitlochry?
- 11 What towns are near Aberfoyle?
- 12 How far is Aberfoyle from Balloch?
- 13 What is open in Aberfoyle?
- 14 Is Aberfoyle in Forth Valley?
How far is Aberfoyle from Edinburgh?
The distance between Edinburgh and Aberfoyle is 49 miles. The road distance is 55.3 miles.
Is Aberfoyle in the highlands?
Aberfoyle (Scottish Gaelic: Obar Phuill) is a village in the historic county and registration county of Perthshire and the council area of Stirling, Scotland. Aberfoyle, Stirling.
|Aberfoyle Scottish Gaelic: Obar Phuill|
Where in Scotland is Aberfoyle?
Aberfoyle is a charming village on the banks of the River Forth in the magnificent Queen Elizabeth Forest Park. The village, once important for its slate quarries, quickly developed into the southern gateway of The Trossachs following the publication of Walter Scott’s ‘The Lady of the Lake’.
What region is Aberfoyle in?
Aberfoyle is a small but important village which lies in one of Europe’s most beautiful locations at the Lomond & Trossachs National Park with Loch Lomond lying to the West, Loch Katrine, Loch Achray and Loch Venacher to the North and the Lake of Menteith, Scotland’s only “lake” lying to the East.
How far is Aberfoyle from Glasgow?
The distance between Glasgow and Aberfoyle is 22 miles. 5
Why is it called the Trossachs?
The name Trossachs involves the Brittonic root trōs meaning “across” (c.f. Welsh traws), perhaps conserving the compound trawsfynydd meaning “cross-hill”. Also suggested is a derivation from a Gaelic word for “bristly”.
What shops are in Aberfoyle?
Shops near Aberfoyle
- The Aberfoyle Butcher. Mayfield, 206 Main Street, Aberfoyle, Stirling, FK8 3UQ 0.3 miles.
- The Scottish Real Ale Shop. The Lade Inn, Callander, Stirling, FK17 8HD 7 miles.
- The Lade Inn.
- Doyles Cafe & Deli.
- MHOR Bread.
- Deli Ecosse.
- Mhor Fish.
- The Extraordinary Sausage Co / T & R Skinner.
Where in Scotland is killin?
Killin (/ˌkɪlˈɪn/; from Cill Fhinn ‘the White [or Fair] Church’ in Gaelic) is a village situated at the western head of Loch Tay in Stirling (formerly Perthshire), Scotland.
How far is Aberfoyle from Stirling?
The distance between Aberfoyle and Stirling is 18 miles. 5
Where in Scotland is Pitlochry?
Pitlochry (/pɪtˈlɒxri/; Baile Chloichridh or Baile Chloichrigh in Gaelic) is a town in the county of Perthshire in Scotland, lying on the River Tummel. It is administered as part of the council area of Perth and Kinross, and has a population of 2,776, according to the 2011 census.
What towns are near Aberfoyle?
Explore the Towns & Villages
- Brig O’ Turk.
- Crieff & Comrie.
How far is Aberfoyle from Balloch?
The distance between Balloch Station and Aberfoyle is 15 miles. The road distance is 18.7 miles.
What is open in Aberfoyle?
- Doon Hill Fairy Walk. Parks and Playgrounds, Outdoor.
- The Lodge Forest Visitor Centre. Parks and Playgrounds, Indoor and Outdoor.
- ⭐ Take to the trees for the ultimate day out. Go Ape Aberfoyle.
- Loch Katrine.
- Rednock Trekking.
- McLaren Leisure Centre.
- Loch Lomond Faerie Trail.
- Doune Castle.
Is Aberfoyle in Forth Valley?
Towns & Villages Aberfoyle is a charming village on the banks of the River Forth in the magnificent Queen Elizabeth Forest Park.