- 1 How do I get a Disclosure Scotland?
- 2 How much does Disclosure Scotland cost?
- 3 How do I get a Pvg in Scotland?
- 4 How long does it take to get a Disclosure Scotland certificate?
- 5 How far back does a PVG check go?
- 6 How long does a Basic Disclosure Scotland last?
- 7 How can I check my criminal record Scotland?
- 8 Can I apply for a Pvg myself?
- 9 Can I apply for a DBS myself?
- 10 How long does a Pvg last in Scotland?
- 11 Can you work without a Pvg?
- 12 What is the difference between PVG and Disclosure Scotland?
- 13 What documents do I need for disclosure Scotland?
- 14 How much does an enhanced disclosure cost?
- 15 How much is a disclosure check?
How do I get a Disclosure Scotland?
The quickest way you can apply for basic disclosures and apply for PVG is online. If you cannot complete an application online or by email, you can ask Disclosure Scotland for a paper application form. This takes longer, so try to apply online first. Email [email protected] disclosurescotland.gov.scot to get a paper form.
How much does Disclosure Scotland cost?
A standard disclosure costs £25. This is paid as part of the application process using one of the payment methods listed in the application form. Disclosures for coronavirus response workers are free until midnight on Friday 25 March 2022.
How do I get a Pvg in Scotland?
This will allow them to get an up-to-date certificate and be added to your PVG membership account.
- Apply online. Your employer or organisation you’re going to be working with will start the application process online.
- Payment. It costs £18 for an existing PVG scheme member application.
- Paper application forms.
How long does it take to get a Disclosure Scotland certificate?
How long does it take to get my certificate? You’re likely to receive your basic disclosure certificate within 14 calendar days, although it might take longer if there are any mistakes or if Disclosure Scotland need to contact you for more information. You can track the progress of your online application.
How far back does a PVG check go?
15 years, if you were 18 or over at the date of conviction. 7 years and 6 months, if you were under 18 at the date of conviction.
How long does a Basic Disclosure Scotland last?
Basic DBS / Basic Disclosure Scotland applications are valid for 3 months from the date you create your online Basic application form.
How can I check my criminal record Scotland?
You can also request your personal records from the:
- Scottish Prison Service.
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service.
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.
Can I apply for a Pvg myself?
Yes, if your work involves ‘normal duties ‘for children under the age of 18 or protected adults. Read on below to see if you qualify. You can apply for a Scheme Membership Statement if you are not currently a member of the PVG Scheme or Scheme Membership Update if you are already a member of the PVG Scheme.
Can I apply for a DBS myself?
Yes, you can apply for a DBS check as an individual. Individuals cannot apply for an Enhanced DBS check or Standard DBS check however, because this can only be requested by eligible organisations or companies. As an individual you can apply for a Basic DBS check.
How long does a Pvg last in Scotland?
If you are a member of the PVG scheme, your membership lasts for life unless you choose to leave the scheme. You should keep your record up to date if for example, you change jobs or move house. This means that Disclosure Scotland can contact you quickly if needed and information is sent to the right place.
Can you work without a Pvg?
Most definitely not. The PVG Scheme applies to people who are doing regulated work with children (and protected adults). So a parent must be doing regulated work with children before any of the PVG legislation could have a bearing.
What is the difference between PVG and Disclosure Scotland?
The PVG Scheme is for people doing ‘regulated work’ with children and protected adults. Disclosure Scotland continually monitor PVG scheme members’ records for vetting information including criminal convictions that may affect their suitability to work with vulnerable groups.
What documents do I need for disclosure Scotland?
- passport (photo page only)
- driving licence photocard (full or provisional)
- biometric residence permit (BRP)
- national identity card from a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
- birth certificate.
- adoption certificate.
- marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate.
- NHS card.
How much does an enhanced disclosure cost?
An Enhanced DBS costs £49.00 for all university courses.
How much is a disclosure check?
Standard DBS Check: £23 DBS fee + £10 (excl. VAT) admin fee.