- 1 What region of Scotland is Ullapool in?
- 2 How far is Ullapool from Inverness?
- 3 What is near Ullapool?
- 4 How do I get to Ullapool?
- 5 How far is Ullapool from Glasgow?
- 6 Does Ullapool have midges?
- 7 How far is torridon from Inverness?
- 8 What is there to see between Ullapool and Inverness?
- 9 How far is applecross from Inverness?
- 10 Does Ullapool have a beach?
- 11 What shops are in Ullapool?
- 12 Is Ullapool busy?
- 13 How long does it take to drive from Glasgow to Ullapool?
- 14 How do I get from London to Ullapool?
- 15 Where is Ross Cromarty Scotland?
What region of Scotland is Ullapool in?
Ullapool (/ˈʌləpuːl/; Scottish Gaelic: Ulapul [ˈul̪ˠapʰul̪ˠ]) is a port and a village of around 1,500 inhabitants in Ross and Cromarty, Scottish Highlands, located around 45 miles (72 km) north-west of Inverness.
How far is Ullapool from Inverness?
The distance between Inverness and Ullapool is 45 miles. 5
What is near Ullapool?
Top Attractions in Ullapool
- Corrieshalloch Gorge. 730. Canyons • Waterfalls.
- Stac Pollaidh Mountain. 112. Mountains.
- Knockan Crag National Nature Reserve. 298. Nature & Wildlife Areas.
- Caledonian MacBrayne. 178.
- The Bone Caves. 142.
- Falls of Measach. Waterfalls.
- Ullapool VisitScotland iCentre. 121.
- Leckmelm Shrubbery & Arboretum. Gardens.
How do I get to Ullapool?
Get in. Ullapool is almost 60 miles (100 km) northwest of Inverness, which has the nearest airport and railway station. Follow A835 and allow 75 min. By bus: Scottish Citylink Bus 961 takes 80 min between Inverness and Ullapool.
How far is Ullapool from Glasgow?
The distance from Glasgow to Ullapool is approximately 144 miles (232 km).
Does Ullapool have midges?
Midges like still, damp, foliage-risch environments. Ullapool is by the coast – and as such the wind will keep them at bay. Certainly I have wandered around Ullapool numerous times during August and never had issue with the midges. Use Avon Skin So Soft or DEET, and cover up well.
How far is torridon from Inverness?
The distance between Inverness and Torridon is 48 miles.
What is there to see between Ullapool and Inverness?
The Best Things to Do in Ullapool
- Corrieshalloch Gorge. 4.6. Tours from $415.
- Knockan Crag National Nature Reserve. 4.8. Tours from $415.
- Stac Pollaidh Mountain. 4.9. Tours from $1,865.
- Dunrobin Castle and Gardens. 4.6.
- Eilean Donan Castle. 4.5.
- The Bone Caves. 4.4.
- Bealach na Ba Viewpoint. 4.8.
- Inverpolly Nature Reserve. 5.0.
How far is applecross from Inverness?
How far is it from Inverness to Applecross? It is 60 miles from Inverness to Applecross. It is approximately 79.5 miles to drive. 5
Does Ullapool have a beach?
A popular beach with some rugged, rocky terrain including the Split Rocks. This area is described as the last great wilderness area in Europe and is a landscape of stunning beauty. Clachtoll is also hosts to a Caravan and Camping site. Clashnessie Bay is 10 miles north of Lochinver.
What shops are in Ullapool?
Shopping in Ullapool
- Lael Crafts Gallery. Lael Crafts Gallery shows a wide selection of some of the best local and Scottish arts and crafts.
- Made In Ullapool. Made In Ullapool is a social enterprise that supports vulnerable people in a work environment.
- Highland Stoneware.
- The Captain’s Cabin.
Is Ullapool busy?
The village of Ullapool is compact and easy to walk and cycle around. The harbour is busy with fishing traffic and the CalMac ferry which sails between Ullapool and Stornoway.
How long does it take to drive from Glasgow to Ullapool?
It takes approximately 4h 3m to drive from Glasgow to Ullapool.
How do I get from London to Ullapool?
Fly London City to Edinburgh, train, bus • 9h 59m
- Fly from London City (LCY) to Edinburgh (EDI) LCY – EDI.
- Take the train from Edinburgh Gateway to Inverness.
- Take the bus from Inverness, Bus Station to Ullapool, Ferry Terminal.
Where is Ross Cromarty Scotland?
Ross and Cromarty, historic region, northern Scotland, spanning the width of the country from the North Sea on the east to the Atlantic Ocean on the west. It includes Lewis (part of the island of Lewis and Harris) in the Outer Hebrides. Ross and Cromarty comprises the historic counties of Ross -shire and Cromartyshire.