- 1 How do I plan a trip to England and Scotland?
- 2 How many days does it take to see Scotland and Ireland?
- 3 How do I plan a trip to England?
- 4 What is the best time to visit Ireland and Scotland?
- 5 How much is the train from London to Edinburgh?
- 6 How do I get from London to Scotland?
- 7 Is it better to visit Scotland or Ireland?
- 8 What is the best way to travel from Scotland to Ireland?
- 9 Can you take a train from Scotland to Ireland?
- 10 What is the cheapest month to travel to London?
- 11 How many days do you need to see England?
- 12 Is the UK expensive to visit?
- 13 What is the best month to go to Scotland?
- 14 What is the rainiest month in Ireland?
- 15 Is Ireland or Scotland prettier?
How do I plan a trip to England and Scotland?
A Little Advice… 5 Tips to Plan a Backpacking Trip to England & Scotland
- Book your accommodation ahead of time.
- Plan your transportation well! Why Use Buses in the England, Scotland & Ireland? When Trains are a Good Option. Rental Cars, Uber, & More.
- Make a plan for daily your meals.
- Carry an umbrella.
- Plan to spend more.
How many days does it take to see Scotland and Ireland?
With three to four days you only have time to spend meaningful time in maybe a couple of these locations. Scotland looks small on a map, but outside the more populous Central Belt many roads are narrow and twisty and it can take a long time to travel between two places that look close on a map.
How do I plan a trip to England?
Suggested timeline for planning your Uk trip
- 6 – 12 months in advance. Plan your itinerary. Book International flights.
- 3 – 6 months in advance. Book accommodation.
- 1 month in advance. Book attractions and tours.
- 1 day in advance. Email or provide hard copies of your itinerary to family members/friends.
What is the best time to visit Ireland and Scotland?
The best time to visit Ireland and Scotland is usually off-peak in shoulder season between April-May and September-October. If you go to Ireland and Scotland during these times you’ll avoid the crowds, but still be able to enjoy nicer weather than in the winter.
How much is the train from London to Edinburgh?
London to Edinburgh (Waverley) by train
|Journey time||From 4h 16m|
|Distance||332 miles (534 km)|
|Frequency||41 trains per day|
How do I get from London to Scotland?
Catching a train will take you between four and six hours to get from London Kings Cross to Edinburgh Waverley. The fastest services travel up the east coast. From Edinburgh you can travel further north with ease. You can also catch an overnight sleeper train from London to Scotland which takes around eight hours.
Is it better to visit Scotland or Ireland?
Although the Irish countryside is very beautiful, you won’t see anything like Glencoe over there. Ireland has lots of rolling greenery, but Scotland is dramatic, rugged and atmospheric. So in conclusion, Scotland is ‘just a wee bit’ better than Ireland, but really we would recommend you visit both.
What is the best way to travel from Scotland to Ireland?
The best way to get from Scotland to Ireland without a car is to bus and car ferry and train which takes 10h 13m and costs. How long does it take to get from Scotland to Ireland? It takes approximately 3h 54m to get from Scotland to Ireland, including transfers.
Can you take a train from Scotland to Ireland?
Every train trip from Edinburgh to Dublin requires at least one change, usually two, on the way to Holyhead to connect with the ferry across the Irish Sea. The shortest total duration for the journey is around 7 hours and 30 minutes, although on average the trip will take around 10 hours and 30 minutes.
What is the cheapest month to travel to London?
Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price. High season is considered to be June and July. The cheapest month to fly to London is February. Enter your preferred departure airport and travel dates into the search form above to unlock the latest London flight deals.
How many days do you need to see England?
If you mean England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales — well 24-28 days to see the highlights. I could easily spend 5 days in London and never stop moving. You have to spend at least 2 to 3 days in the area of Oxford, the Cotswolds and 3 days out in the far west area of Cornwall.
Is the UK expensive to visit?
England isn’t a cheap place to visit. While everything is cheaper once you get outside London, it’s still very easy to burn through money no matter where you are. The trains can be ridiculously expensive here. There are plenty of ways to save money when you’re traveling around the country.
What is the best month to go to Scotland?
The best time to visit Scotland is during spring (late March to May) and fall (September to November). Temperatures are warmer by spring, with averages of 43°F-59°F, although there will still be snow in the mountains of the Highlands and the Cairngorms.
What is the rainiest month in Ireland?
Rainfall is extremely common throughout Ireland. The wettest months, almost everywhere are December and January. April is the driest month generally but in many southern parts, June is the driest.
Is Ireland or Scotland prettier?
While Ireland’s nature is incredibly beautiful, Scotland’s is just slightly more stunning and more varied. However, if you’re choosing between visiting Ireland or Scotland and consider yourself a foodie, then Ireland might be the better choice for you.