- 1 Where in Scotland is loanhead?
- 2 What county is loanhead?
- 3 What region is straiton?
- 4 How far is loanhead from Edinburgh?
- 5 Is Edinburgh in Midlothian?
- 6 When did Bilston Glen Colliery close?
- 7 What does straiton mean?
- 8 What shops are at Straiton?
- 9 What area is South Ayrshire?
- 10 What buses go to Loanhead?
- 11 What buses go to Straiton Retail Park?
Where in Scotland is loanhead?
Loanhead (pop. 6,900) is a small town in Midlothian, Scotland, in a commuter belt to the south of Edinburgh, and close to Roslin, Bonnyrigg and Dalkeith. The town was built on coal and oil shale mining, and the paper industries.
What county is loanhead?
The town of Loanhead is located within the county of Midlothian. Loanhead is situated in the Scotland region of the UK and is governed by Midlothian, council. The town of Loanhead is in the East Lothian and Midlothian region of Eastern Scotland within Scotland.
What region is straiton?
|Lieutenancy area||Ayrshire and Arran|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
How far is loanhead from Edinburgh?
The distance between Edinburgh and Loanhead is 5 miles. The road distance is 6.1 miles.
Is Edinburgh in Midlothian?
Midlothian lies in the east-central Lowlands, bordering the City of Edinburgh, East Lothian and the Scottish Borders. Midlothian emerged as a county in the Middle Ages under larger boundaries than the modern council area, including Edinburgh itself – and also known as Edinburghshire until 1921.
When did Bilston Glen Colliery close?
Bilston Glen witnessed some of the most bitter scenes of unrest in Scotland during the miners’ strike of 1984. Demolished shortly after closure in 1988.
What does straiton mean?
Straiton is a village on the River Girvan in South Ayrshire in Scotland, mainly built in the 18th century, but with some recent housing.
What shops are at Straiton?
- CARD FACTORY. MONDAY TO FRIDAY. 9am till 8pm. SATURDAY. 9am till 6pm.
- COSTA COFFEE. MONDAY TO FRIDAY. 8am till 8pm. SATURDAY. 8am till 7pm.
- GREGGS. MONDAY TO FRIDAY. 6.30am till 6pm. SATURDAY. 6.30am till 7pm.
- HALFORDS. MONDAY TO FRIDAY. 9am till 8pm. SATURDAY. 9am till 6pm.
- HARVEYS. MONDAY TO FRIDAY. 9am till 8pm. SATURDAY. 9am till 6pm.
What area is South Ayrshire?
South Ayrshire includes the towns of Ayr, Girvan, Maybole, Prestwick and Troon. South Ayrshire is home to a population of 112,799 (2011 census) and is set in the south west of Scotland.
What buses go to Loanhead?
Bus lines with stations closest to Loanhead in Loanhead
- R5. Loanhead – Straiton.
- 140. Penicuik – Musselburgh.
What buses go to Straiton Retail Park?
WHICH BUS LINES STOP NEAR STRAITON RETAIL PARK? These Bus lines stop near Straiton Retail Park: 37, 47, X62.