- 1 Is Campbeltown worth visiting?
- 2 What is Campbeltown Scotland famous for?
- 3 How do I get to Campbeltown?
- 4 What aisle is Campbelltown on?
- 5 What shops are in Campbeltown Scotland?
- 6 How far is Campbeltown from Glasgow?
- 7 Where is Argyll Scotland located?
- 8 Where in Scotland is Campbeltown?
- 9 Where is Oban Scotland?
- 10 Can I get a ferry to Campbeltown?
- 11 What airlines fly to Campbeltown?
- 12 Is there a ferry from Arran to Campbeltown?
- 13 Can you drive to davaar Island?
- 14 What does davaar mean?
- 15 Where in Scotland is Tarbert?
Is Campbeltown worth visiting?
Campbeltown is a shadow of it’s former self, as a gateway to the Clyde in the grand imperial trading days, but is still alive and kicking with a great music festival. Still worth the visit for the distillery tour at Springbank, the whisky world’s best kept secret.
What is Campbeltown Scotland famous for?
Campbeltown is one of five areas in Scotland categorised as a distinct malt whisky producing region, and is home to the Campbeltown single malts. At one point it had over 30 distilleries and proclaimed itself “the whisky capital of the world”.
How do I get to Campbeltown?
How to get here
- Catch the ferry from Portavadie on the Cowal & Dunoon peninsula.
- Get the ferry from Lochranza on Arran.
- If you’re staying in the south, the summer timetable includes a ferry to Campbeltown from Ardrossan (due to the COVID-19 outbreak this service is not operating in 2020).
What aisle is Campbelltown on?
The peaceful little town of Campbeltown situated on the beautiful peninsula of Kintyre is one of the largest towns in Argyll. Located on a deep bay sheltered by Davaar Island and the surrounding hills, it is an ideal base for exploring the many attractions of scenic southern Kintyre.
What shops are in Campbeltown Scotland?
Shops near Campbeltown
- The Old Bookshelf. Rare and Secondhand Books.
- British Red Cross. Charity Shops.
- The Original Factory Shop. Discount Stores.
- Rnli Shop. Charity Shops.
- Swap Shop. Discount Stores.
- The Kintyre Shoe Company. Shoe Shops.
- 11 O ‘Clock Shop. Grocers and Convenience Stores.
- Tesco Metro. Grocers and Convenience Stores.
How far is Campbeltown from Glasgow?
The distance between Glasgow and Campbeltown is 61 miles. The road distance is 132.4 miles. 3
Where is Argyll Scotland located?
Argyll & the Isles is located on the west coast of Scotland, covering an area of 2667 square miles over 23 inhabited islands and a part of the Scottish mainland. The region is well-known as Scotland’s adventure coast, due to the sheer number of adventure options on offer.
Where in Scotland is Campbeltown?
Campbeltown, small royal burgh (town) and seaport, Argyll and Bute council area, historic county of Argyllshire, western Scotland. Campbeltown is the main centre of the Peninsula of Kintyre, which is 40 miles (65 km) long and protrudes into the Atlantic.
Where is Oban Scotland?
8,490 (mid-2016 est.) listen) OH-bən; An t-Òban in Scottish Gaelic meaning The Little Bay) is a resort town within the Argyll and Bute council area of Scotland. Despite its small size, it is the largest town between Helensburgh and Fort William.
Can I get a ferry to Campbeltown?
Yes, there is a direct ferry departing from Ardrossan Ferry Terminal and arriving at Campbeltown Ferry Terminal. Services depart three times a week, and operate Thursday, Friday and Sunday. The journey takes approximately 2h 40m.
What airlines fly to Campbeltown?
Currently, LoganAir is the only airline that flies direct to Campbeltown.
Is there a ferry from Arran to Campbeltown?
There is no direct connection from Isle of Arran to Campbeltown. However, you can take the taxi to Brodick Isle of Arran Ferry Terminal, take the ferry to Ardrossan Ferry Terminal, then take the ferry to Campbeltown Ferry Terminal. 3
Can you drive to davaar Island?
It would simply damage the island having a bunch of cars driving across, as well as the risks of people missing the tide and getting swept off and flooding their vehicles! The walk from the car park to Davaar takes about 30/35 minutes. over a year ago.
What does davaar mean?
Island Davaar or Davaar Island (Scottish Gaelic: Eilean Dà Bhàrr) is located at the mouth of Campbeltown Loch off the east coast of Kintyre, in Argyll and Bute, Scotland. It is a tidal island, linked to the mainland by a natural shingle causeway called the Dhorlin near Campbeltown at low tide.
Where in Scotland is Tarbert?
Tarbert ( Scottish Gaelic: An Tairbeart, pronounced [ən̪ˠ ˈt̪ʰaɾʲapərˠʃt̪], or Tairbeart Loch Fìne to distinguish it from other places of the same name) is a village in the west of Scotland, in the Argyll and Bute council area.