- 1 What is near Callander?
- 2 What is Callander in Scotland famous for?
- 3 Is Callander nice?
- 4 How far is Callander from Glasgow?
- 5 How do you get a Callander in Scotland?
- 6 Is Callander in the central belt?
- 7 Where in Scotland is Callander?
- 8 Where in Scotland is killin?
- 9 How far is Callander from Edinburgh?
- 10 How far is Callander from Stirling?
- 11 How far is Callander from Aberdeen?
- 12 Is Callander good place to live?
- 13 How do I get from Aberfoyle to Glasgow?
- 14 How do I get from Glasgow to Loch Lomond?
What is near Callander?
Top Attractions in Callander
- Bracklinn Falls Bridge and Callander Crags. 732. Hiking Trails.
- Ben A’an. 136. Mountains.
- Loch Lubnaig. 116. Bodies of Water.
- Hamilton Toy Collection. 162.
- McQueen Gin. Distilleries.
- Loch Venachar. Bodies of Water.
- Callander Visitor Information Cantre. Visitor Centres.
- Lady Kentmores Antiques. Antique Shops.
What is Callander in Scotland famous for?
Callander is a bustling tourist town situated on the River Teith and A84, west of Stirling, and gives visitors travelling north their first taste of the Highlands. It is set dramatically beneath high, wooded crags, and gained fame as the location for the original Doctor Findlay’s Casebook television series.
Is Callander nice?
Friendly, informal and great fun.” Ian McCourt “A great place to bring up kids: good schools, medical care and shops.” Live in Callander? Join the debate below.
How far is Callander from Glasgow?
The distance between Glasgow and Callander is 26 miles. 5
How do you get a Callander in Scotland?
Callander no longer has a train station but a taxi can be taken from Dunblane train station (about 11 miles away) or a bus or taxi can be taken from Stirling. Stirling train station is about 17 miles from Callander.
Is Callander in the central belt?
Callander is a small town in Stirlingshire in the Central Belt of Scotland.
Where in Scotland is Callander?
Callander (/ˈkæləndər/; Scottish Gaelic: Calasraid) is a small town in the council area of Stirling, Scotland, situated on the River Teith. The town is located in the historic county of Perthshire and is a popular tourist stop to and from the Highlands.
Where in Scotland is killin?
Killin (/ˌkɪlˈɪn/; from Cill Fhinn ‘the White [or Fair] Church’ in Gaelic) is a village situated at the western head of Loch Tay in Stirling (formerly Perthshire), Scotland.
How far is Callander from Edinburgh?
The distance between Edinburgh and Callander is 44 miles.
How far is Callander from Stirling?
How far is it from Callander to Stirling? The distance between Callander and Stirling is 14 miles. The road distance is 16.3 miles.
How far is Callander from Aberdeen?
The distance between Aberdeen and Strathyre is 102 miles. The road distance is 132.9 miles.
Is Callander good place to live?
Callander is a great place to live – an attractive, busy, and mostly very well -kept town with much to offer both inhabitants and visitors. We have a leisure centre which, in addition to the usual sports facilities, has a climbing wall, a swimming pool, steamroom and sauna.
How do I get from Aberfoyle to Glasgow?
Glasgow to Aberfoyle by bus. The bus journey time between Glasgow and Aberfoyle is around 1h 31m and covers a distance of around 31 miles. The fastest bus normally takes 1h 31m. Operated by First, the Glasgow to Aberfoyle bus service departs from Glasgow, New City Road and arrives in Aberfoyle, Queens Crescent. 5
How do I get from Glasgow to Loch Lomond?
You can take a train from Glasgow to Balloch. The journey takes around 50 min. When you arrive at Balloch station, there’s Sweeney Cruise nearby that you can take. You can also walk from the train station to Loch Lomond Shore which is a shopping complex where you can can shop and eat.