- 1 Where in Scotland is Callander?
- 2 How far is Callander from Glasgow?
- 3 Is Callander in Perth or Stirlingshire?
- 4 How far is Callander from Edinburgh?
- 5 Is Callander in the central belt?
- 6 How far is Callander from Aberdeen?
- 7 How do I get Callander?
- 8 Is Callander good place to live?
- 9 How do I get from Glasgow to Loch Lomond?
- 10 How far is Callander from Stirling?
- 11 What health board is Callander in?
- 12 Where in Scotland is Pitlochry?
- 13 How much is the train from Edinburgh to Stirling?
- 14 What do you do on a calendar?
Where in Scotland is Callander?
Callander is a bustling tourist town situated on the River Teith and A84, west of Stirling, and gives visitors travelling north their first taste of the Highlands. It is set dramatically beneath high, wooded crags, and gained fame as the location for the original Doctor Findlay’s Casebook television series.
How far is Callander from Glasgow?
The distance between Glasgow and Callander is 26 miles. 5
Is Callander in Perth or Stirlingshire?
Callander (/ˈkæləndər/; Scottish Gaelic: Calasraid) is a small town in the council area of Stirling, Scotland, situated on the River Teith. The town is located in the historic county of Perthshire and is a popular tourist stop to and from the Highlands.
How far is Callander from Edinburgh?
The distance between Edinburgh and Callander is 44 miles.
Is Callander in the central belt?
Callander is a small town in Stirlingshire in the Central Belt of Scotland.
How far is Callander from Aberdeen?
The distance between Aberdeen and Strathyre is 102 miles. The road distance is 132.9 miles.
How do I get Callander?
Callander is served by two main train stations, Dunblane (11 miles away) and Stirling (17 miles away). There are regular trains to both Edinburgh and Glasgow. Taxis are available at both train stations, and there is also a frequent local bus service from Stirling to Callander.
Is Callander good place to live?
Callander is a great place to live – an attractive, busy, and mostly very well -kept town with much to offer both inhabitants and visitors. We have a leisure centre which, in addition to the usual sports facilities, has a climbing wall, a swimming pool, steamroom and sauna.
How do I get from Glasgow to Loch Lomond?
You can take a train from Glasgow to Balloch. The journey takes around 50 min. When you arrive at Balloch station, there’s Sweeney Cruise nearby that you can take. You can also walk from the train station to Loch Lomond Shore which is a shopping complex where you can can shop and eat.
How far is Callander from Stirling?
How far is it from Callander to Stirling? The distance between Callander and Stirling is 14 miles. The road distance is 16.3 miles.
What health board is Callander in?
|NHS Forth Valley|
|Headquarters||Castle Business Park Stirling FK9 4SW|
|Region served||Clackmannanshire Falkirk Stirling|
Where in Scotland is Pitlochry?
Pitlochry (/pɪtˈlɒxri/; Baile Chloichridh or Baile Chloichrigh in Gaelic) is a town in the county of Perthshire in Scotland, lying on the River Tummel. It is administered as part of the council area of Perth and Kinross, and has a population of 2,776, according to the 2011 census.
How much is the train from Edinburgh to Stirling?
How much is a train ticket from Edinburgh (Waverley) to Stirling? Trains from Edinburgh (Waverley) to Stirling start at £4.50 one-way based on a return fare. Plan your journey online to see the cheapest train tickets to Stirling for your chosen travel times.
What do you do on a calendar?
Top Attractions in Callander
- Bracklinn Falls Bridge and Callander Crags. 731. Hiking Trails.
- Ben A’an. 135. Mountains.
- Loch Lubnaig. 115. Bodies of Water.
- Hamilton Toy Collection. 162.
- McQueen Gin. Distilleries.
- Loch Venachar. Bodies of Water.
- Callander Visitor Information Cantre. Visitor Centres.
- Lady Kentmores Antiques. Antique Shops.